What Are The Types of Printers?
If you are going to buy a printer, choosing from different types of photocopier can be a daunting task. By choosing the right photocopier, you will be able to produce printed documents in an efficient manner so you can save both time and money. When choosing a printer, you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- What kind of features do you need (faxing, scanning or printing)?
- How fast do you want your documents printed?
- Do you need black and white or color documents?
- How many documents do you need to produce in a day/week/month?
- How big is the team that needs access to the printer?
Types of printers:
- Laser Printer: This is the most expensive type of printer because it comes with advanced and sophisticated internal technology. Compared to inkjet copiers, laser photocopiers can produce crisper and faster documents.
- Multi-function Printers: The creme de la creme of digital printers – you can scan, copy, print and fax with ease. Keep up with volume and daily usage without issues and save on maintenance and ink costs.
- Inkjet Printer: For small or medium-sized businesses, inkjet copiers are suitable. Although the print quality is slightly inferior compared to laser printers, it is still capable of producing desirable results. When it comes to speed, the inkjet printer is slower.
- Color Printer: If you prefer to add color to your printed documents, choosing color photocopiers is the best way to go. It is ideal for printing promotional materials, handouts, branded letterheads, invoices, and many others. The color printer can mass-produce quality documents. It has a high DPI or dots per inch resolution for the copy to be crisp and clear.
- Black & White Printer: Even if you are going to print black and white, your business can still reap long term benefits from it. Black and white printers are affordable because monochrome printers are not costly.
- Wireless Printers: More advanced printers have built-in wireless technology that enables you to print from any device. This type of printer is ideal for offices with a computer network. If you have a dual network, the wireless printer will enable you to reconfigure the machine so you can use as many times as you like.
- Desktop Printers: Desktop copiers have the same functionality as the larger machines. This printer only has fewer paper trays so you need to refill the tray every so often. Desktop printers are a reasonable option for small to medium-sized businesses. They are also network-ready, multifunctional and can handle duplex copying and printing.
Knowing the types of printers and their features will help you make the right choice. Each business has different needs and the photocopier you choose should allow you to print documents in the most efficient way.
Ready to buy a multi-function Digital Printer? Click below: